I love reading quotes from great minds and great achievers. Reading them inspires and challenges me to be a better person, and also keeps my dreams and hopes alive in the mix of obstacles and challenges. At times, these quotes contain ideal answers, instructions and some kind of divine directions to challenges am dealing with.
I have a great collection of inspirational quotes I have collected over the years from; reading books, listening to music, watching movies, seeking counsel, and listening to great people. Whenever I feel down or sad, all I do is take out my notebook, phone, or wherever I have written them and read them over and over again. It lifts my spirit and helps to keep me focus on my goals.
One of my favorite authors, Robin Sharma puts it this way, a great quote contains a wealth of wisdom in a single line. Aside that, it teaches so many profound lessons and uplifts your spirit.
In no particular order, here are my top and favorite fifteen (15) quotes from this year (2020).
- Real success means being your self – [Robin Sharma]
- It is wiser to master 10 books than rush through a 100 – [Robin Sharma]
- Being a genius come from having a terrific work ethic – [Robin Sharma]
- Friendship is a priceless treasure – [Robin Sharma]
- You don’t have to climb a mountain to stay on top of the world - [All The Bright Places - movie]
- The ugliest of places can be beautiful as long as you take the time to look - [All The Bright Places - movie]
- There is beauty in the most unexpected of places – [All The Bright Places - movie]
- There are bright places even in dark times, and that if there isn’t, you can be that bright place with infinite capacities - [All The Bright Places - movie]
- We can’t change the world with only ideas and our minds, we need conviction in our hearts - [Just Mercy - movie]
- Hopelessness is the enemy of justice. Hope allows us to push forward even when the truth is distorted by the people in power. It allows to stand up when they tell us to sit down, and to speak when they say be quite - [Just Mercy - movie]
- Greatness is not something conferred, it is something achieved. It is not something given, it is something earned. It is not an accident of birth: it is an attitude of quality; a dimension, an outlook, a way of life that is open to anyone willing to pay the price – [John C. Maxwell]
- If you do not change, you can become extinct in life. change happens to all of us and change is happening everywhere [ Who Took My Cheese - Book]
- God loves me just the way I am, but he refuses to leave me that way. He wants me to be Just Like Jesus [Just Like Jesus – Max Lucado]
- You can lead without character, but you won’t be a leader worth following. [Andy Stanley]
- Own your morning. Elevate your life – [Robin Sharma]
Which one inspired you the most? And what has been your favorite quote from the year 2020? And please don’t forget to like, comment and share. Live your dreams, inspire the world.